MUSTARD MASHED POTATOES WITH RED ONION GRAVYFrom ozsmom 4 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 red onion;thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 lb potatoes; peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup beef stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk; warmed shopping list
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 3 tsp whole grain mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Add onion and sprinkle with brown sugar
- Cook gently, stirring from time to time until onion is lightly carmelized
- Boil potatoes in lightly salted water until tender
- Sprinkle flour over onions
- Stir & cook 1 minute
- Stir in stock, wine and worcestershire sauce
- Boil and then reduce heat and simmer.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Mash with warm milk, butter and mustard
- Spoon mound of mashed potatoe on each plate and top with gravy.
The Cookozsmom Nepean, CA
The Rating7 people
have to try this soon thanks for sharing high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh yummy this is a goodie!!aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
WOW,LOVE this one and love the onions!HIGH 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!