Lemon ChickenFrom johnpscoville 5 years ago
- 1 chicken cut into 8 parts (cut the breasts in half the short way) shopping list
- juice of 2 fresh lemons shopping list
- Zest of 1 of the lemons shopping list
- 4 (or more) cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of oregano shopping list
- ¼ cup of good olive oil shopping list
- About ½ cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all of the above except the chicken.
- Turn on the broiler and get it good and hot. Coat the chicken with olive oil then salt and pepper. Put in a 9 x 13 Pyrex roasting pan and broil and brown both sides. Turn the broiler off and set the oven at 350 deg. Remove most of the fat from the pan. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Bake for about 1 hour or until chicken is done. Add water if the mixture is drying up. Pour juices over chicken to serve.