Foolproof Easy White ChiliFrom papacooks 6 years ago
- 1-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken (breast or thighs your choice) we like a lot of meat so we use 2 pounds. shopping list
- 1 16 ounce jar medium, (or hot if you like spicy) picante sauce shopping list
- 2 large bell peppers (Green, yellow, red, orange, purple, your choice) shopping list
- 2 medium onions shopping list
- jalapenos shopping list
- 48 ounce jar of white beans shopping list
- 8-10 ounces of hot pepper jack cheese (or more if you really like cheese) shopping list
- 3-4 cloves of garlic chopped fine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 table spoon ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into small bite sized cubes, or small strips (think along the lines of chinese food for the size of the pieces)
- Chop your bell peppers and onions to your liking
- Chop fine your jalapeno's (cook the recipe without as you can always add them for heat if not spicy enough for you)
- Cube, or shred your cheese
- Picante sauce
- Add all your ingredients to a large crock pot in this order:
- chicken, onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic, beans with the juice they're in, black pepper, Cumin, pepper jack cheese, and finally picante sauce
- Cover and let cook on high for 4 hours and finish the last 2 hours on low stirring every hour "GENTLY" so as to not break up the beans, and chicken too much as they cook. Beans should get creamy and very soft.
- Alternate cooking method: put it together in the morning before you go to work, cook on low heat for the 9-10 hours you will be gone. A hot dinner will await you.
- Garnish however you want.....maybe a little sour cream, or with a few sliced jalapenos set in the center of your bowl. Eat this like "normal" chili, or use it like a hot dip by scooping it up with Tortilla chips as this is how my family loves it.
- If you feel the need to salt it, keep in mind there is a lot of salt in the cheese.
- Even better the second day.
- Great for parties, card games, or watching the game on TV as people can serve themselves....and it goes great with beer!
- Makes a large batch but it freezes well in an airtight container.