Chicken FlorentineFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 whole chicken breasts,boned and halved shopping list
- 1/3 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt,or to taste shopping list
- 1 egg ,beaten shopping list
- 1 to 2 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 2 Tbs parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 oz. Mozzarella or swiss cheese,sliced shopping list
- 1/3 c white wine shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1/2 c chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Pound chicken breasts to uniform thickness. Dredge chicken in flour mixed with salt. Dip in beaten egg. Heat oil in frying pan and saute chicken 6 to 7 mins on each side. While chicken is cooking,cook spinach according to pkg directions;drain and set aside.
- Remove chicken from pan and place in a greased ovenproof dish. Cover with spinach. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over spinach.Cover with sliced Mozzarella or Swiss cheese
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 mins,or until chicken is tender and cheese melted. While chicken is baking,make sauce by adding wine and lemon juice to frying pan.Simmer and scrape up bits in the pan,until liquid is reduced to half. Add chicken broth,stir and simmer 2 mins. more.
- Pour over chicken or serve seperately.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
Very delicious can not waite to try this.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
This has become a fave of mine lately...I never ate spinach until recently! Thanks for a great post...I'll try it soon! Pamelapamelanava in Prosper loved it
Yum!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it