Beef and Vegetable Stir-FryFrom hessen 5 years ago
- 1C beef broth shopping list
- 1/4C light teriyaki sauce shopping list
- 1/4C rice vinegar shopping list
- 2T sugar shopping list
- 1t asian dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1t chinese five-spice powder shopping list
- 4t cornstarch shopping list
- 2t vegetable oil shopping list
- 1lb flank steak, cut against the grain into 1/4-inch strips shopping list
- 4C broccoli flowerets (1/2 of a 1lb bag) shopping list
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 bag ( 8 ounces) carrot matchsticks shopping list
- cooked brown rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, whisk broth, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, five-spice powder and cornstarch.
- In large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add flank steak and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan and set aside. Drain any fat from pan.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat; add broccoil and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove cover; cook until water has evaporated. Add remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil to pan; add peppers and ren onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add carrots; cook 1 minute.
- Return beef to skillet. Add sauce; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with brown rice.
The Cookhessen Hinton, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!