Sweet potatoe chick pea and spinach curryFrom bbillyd 6 years ago
- 2 onions shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 hot chilli, chopped and deseeded shopping list
- 1 big teaspoon cumin powder shopping list
- 1 big teaspoon turmeric powder shopping list
- 1 big teaspoon corriander powder shopping list
- 1 1/2teaspoon cumin seeds (ground with pestle and mortar) shopping list
- 11/2 teaspoon corriander seed (ground with pestle and mortar) shopping list
- 50g baby leaf spinach (washed and torn/chopped in to however big you like it) shopping list
- small cup of dessicated coconut shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 2 medium sweet potatoes. Peeled and diced in to small chunks shopping list
- I can chickpeas shopping list
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomatoe puree shopping list
- 1 dessert spoon angastora shopping list
How to make it
- fry onions until soft
- Add garlic and chilli - fry gently for 2 minutes
- Add spinach - reduce heat and cook under a lid untill all the spinach shrinks down.
- Add remaining spices and fry for another couple of minutes
- Then add the rest of the ingrediants.
- Bring to boil then cover and simmer until the sweet potatoe is cooked.
- Add cream/yoghurt before serving if you're not vegan!
- Hope someone tries this and likes it!