pot roast ox cheekFrom paulshoe 6 years ago
- 3 ox cheek (Trimmed) shopping list
- 3 lg carrots shopping list
- 2 stems celery shopping list
- 1 lg onion shopping list
- 2 bay leaf shopping list
- small bunch thyme shopping list
- small bunch rosemary shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 pint beef stock shopping list
- 1 lg glass of red wine shopping list
- flour for dusting shopping list
- 2 tbl spoon veg oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. start by dusting the ox cheeks with flour and browning in a hot pan with a little oil.
- 2. slice the onions, celery ,garlic and carrots and lightly brown in a cassarole dish.
- 3. add the sealed ox cheeks to the browned veg along with the thyme, rosemay,bay leaf, wine and stock.
- 4. bring to the boil on the hob. once lightly boiling transfer to the oven at 170degrees with a lid on for 2.5 hours.
- 5.after 2.5 hours remove the lid and cook for an extra hour turning the cheeks over in the sauce every 15 mins.
- 6. once finished remove the cheeks from the sauce(which should be lovely and thick). and set to one side.
- 7. pass the sauce through a sieve to remove all the bits and serve over the top of the braised cheeks(which should melt in your mouth!!!)
- 8. i like to serve mine with mashed potatoes and spring carrots...enjoy