King Arthurs Bread Bowl Kale Turkey Sausage N Bean SoupFrom mystic_river1 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 cups (1 pound) white beans, soaked in water overnight, washed and drained shopping list
- 8 cups (2, 32 ounce containers) chicken or vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 cups (16 ounces) water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 pound spicy turkey sausage or highly flavored sausage, sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2 ounces) onion, diced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) celery, diced shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sweet potato, diced shopping list
- 1 pound kale, chopped or 2, 10 ounce packages frozen kale shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) signature secrets culinary thickener* (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- parsley or green onions, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place beans, broth, water and vinegar in a large pot, bring to a simmer and then cook for 50-60 minutes until the beans are soft. Check often and add extra water if needed.
- In a separate pan, sauté the sausage. Pour off most of the fat and set the sausage aside. Sauté the onion, and celery until translucent. Add the sautéed onions, celery, sausage, diced sweet potato, kale and signature secrets culinary thickener if you are using it, to the beans and continue to simmer until the sweet potato is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Taste, add salt and pepper if desired. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley or green onion *Signature secrets thickens the soup so that the broth does not leak if served in bread bowls.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
This sounds absolutely delicious. I definitely have to serve this in a bread bowl. yum. ^5doubled in Upstate loved it
Wonderful recipe. However, I do worry about an ingredient that lists itself as 'culinary thickener'. It's probably something like rice flour with a couple of benign additives, but my imagination says 'Portland Cement'. LOL Sorry, I'm just too wei...moretheoldprof in Belleville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!