The Best Strawberry CheesecakeFrom thebedazzlingbaker 7 years ago
- Graham Cracker Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup ground graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbsp melted butter or margarine shopping list
- cheesecake Filling: shopping list
- 4 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- Strawberry Topping: shopping list
- 2 boxes of strawberries shopping list
- For every 90 grams of strawberries, add 15 grams of white sugar. shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of strawberry jam shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pan of hot water in bottom of oven. Prepare 9 inch springform pan.Take the pan apart, line the bottom plate with aluminum foil, then reassemble the pan. Pull the excess foil up and around the pan to prevent any batter from leaking into the oven. Spray sides and bottom with vegetable spray.
- Grind graham crackers in a food processor or crush very fine with a rolling pin.Mix crust ingredients in a bowl and pat only on the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth ~ about 3 minutes. Scrape down sides.Add sugar and cornstarch and beat again, scraping a few times. The mixture should be smooth.Add vanilla, eggs and egg whites 2 at a time. Beat until creamy.Slowly add the cream and beat only enough so there are no lumps and the filling is nice and fluffy. Scrape as needed.Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until edges start to crisp up and knife inserted comes out clean.Refrigarate for at least 12 hours and top with strawberry topping before serving.
- Strawberry topping:
- Place strawberries and sugar in a saucepan.Mix together. Stir the strawberries till there is alot of access juice in the saucepan. Place half of the strawberries and all the liquid in a blender. Blend for 10 seconds. Place this juice in the saucepan with the remaining strawberries.Let strawberries saute till extremely soft and add strawberry jam. If more sweetness is needed, add more strawberry jam. Refrigurate topping in an airtight container and only put on cheesecake before serving.
The Cookthebedazzlingbaker Johannesburg, ZA
The Rating5 people
Yummmmy, delicious recipe.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
sounds wonderful and I think most all cheesecakes are the best! ( grin )midgelet in Eastern loved it
Great and sounds so delicious. I flaffed the photo.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it