White Gold And Sweet Potato Hot Red Chili Winter SaladFrom mystic_river1 3 years ago
- juice of 1 ½ to 2 large limes shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, diced shopping list
- 2 fresh medium-hot to hot red chilies (New Mexico, cayenne, Hot banana or Cubanelle), seeded and minced shopping list
- 2 to 4 fresh medium-hot green chili peppers (jalapeño or serrano), seeded and minced shopping list
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup good-tasting extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 5 medium yukon gold potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice shopping list
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams, boiled until barely tender, peeled and diced large shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put the lime juice, garlic and onion in a large bowl and let stand 20 minutes. Gently blend in the rest of the ingredients, seasoning to taste.
- Serve the potatoes right away, or keep them at room temperature up to two hours.
- Note: Dried Peruvian chilies are coming into the country. If you find them, use the Amarillo type (medium hot and fruity), instead of the fresh chilies. Use one or two by discarding their stem and seeds. Soak in hot water for 10 minutes