Nopales con PuercoFrom sharebear1 5 years ago
- 2-3 lbs. pork country style ribs cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 1 jar Nopales drained and rinsed(cactus found in your mexican section of your grocery store) shopping list
- 5 tomatillos cleaned, boiled shopping list
- 4-5 jalapenos, stems removed shopping list
- 1/2 small onion diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 tspn cumin shopping list
- 2 T. cornstarch shopping list
- salt and peper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1.) Boil your pork ribs till cook through and tender. Then drain the water (reserve about 1 cup) and begin to brown pork.
- 2.) Add 1 Cup reserved liquid and oil tomatillos, jalapenos, onion together once cooked through till soft (about 10-15minutes).
- 3. Place tomatillo mixture into blender, also add cumin and corn starch. Blend until smooth.
- 4.) Once pork is browned, add in your tomatillo mixtureand cleaned nopales. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 min. Salt and pepper to taste
- 5) Serve with rice, beans & tortillas
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!