Sauteed Chicken Breasts With Pineapple N Jalapeno ChilesFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1¼ pounds) shopping list
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 12-ounce package fresh pineapple chunks (13⁄4 cups) shopping list
- ½ cup orange juice shopping list
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 2 jalapeno chilies, seeded and minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer on a work surface and cover with plastic wrap. Using a heavy skillet or a rolling pin, pound them until flattened to about ½-inch thick.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge both sides of each breast in the seasoned flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high, heat the oil and butter. Add the chicken breasts and cook until they are well browned on both sides and no longer pink at the center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer them to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Do not clean the skillet.
- While the chicken breasts are cooking, drain the juice from the pineapple into a measuring cup. Add enough orange juice to total 3⁄4 cup. Stir in the cornstarch, then set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stove over medium-low. Add the drained pineapple and brown sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until the pineapple begins to brown, 3-4 minutes. Add the chilies and garlic and stir until the garlic is beginning to color, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved juice. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until thickened and reduced slightly, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro, then serve, spooned over the chicken breasts
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
This is fantastic and delicious.
You get a 10 from me.spinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
great post... I was looking for a new chicken recipe...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it