Andouille Sausage and Potato OmeletFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- • 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes peeled small red-skinned new potatoes shopping list
- • 1/2 cup 1/8-inch cubes andouille sausage (about 2 ounces) shopping list
- • 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- • 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons minced green onion shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- • 6 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- note: shopping list
- * Andouille sausage can be found in specialty foods stores and some supermarkets. You can substitute hot links, kielbasa sausage, or smoked Hungarian sausage in this recipe shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and sauté until brown, about 7 minutes. Add sausage, pepper, and onion and sauté until vegetables are soft, 6 minutes. Stir in green onion and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Melt butter in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cook until eggs are almost set in center, tilting pan and lifting edge of omelet with spatula to let uncooked portion flow underneath, about 3 minutes. Distribute sausage mixture over top. Transfer skillet to oven; bake until eggs are completely set, 3 minutes. Run spatula under outer edges of omelet to loosen and slide onto serving plate.
- * Andouille sausage can be found in specialty foods stores and some supermarkets. You can substitute hot links, kielbasa sausage, or smoked Hungarian sausage in these recipes
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
I like this. I will have to use it on my Fan page cooking with purpose on facebook. We do Friday night breakfast.hot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
The combination of sausage and potatoes with a handful of onions thrown in, just can't be beat. Thanks so much for this post. A 5 from me.tablescape in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!