Liver & OnionsFrom windy1950 5 years ago
How to make it
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until tender; remove from pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, blend flour, salt and pepper in bowl with resealable lid. Dredge liver slices in flour mixture, shaking off excess flour.
- Place liver slices in hot oil and brown for 5 minutes on each side, no more - no less; too short a cooking time and the liver obviously does not get done, too much and it becomes tough and dry.
- Place on serving plate and top with sauteed onions.
- Make pan gravy using beef broth, adding fat and flour to what is already in the skillet in order to produce about 2 cups of gravy.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookwindy1950 Flint, MI
The Rating3 people
Luv liver and onions a fantastic dish along with a pan of fryed potatoes yum thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is same recipe my mother passed down to me. My husband asked for it for dinner tonight so I was searching for something different. Now I see that my old stand by recipe is probably the best there is. Liver and onions with fried potatoes and h...morerobin64 in tinytown loved it