Easy Spaghetti SauceFrom linnydnyc 4 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 cups of button mushrooms, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes (optional) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (I use one that is flavored with roasted garlic) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each of dried thyme, oregano, basil shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated shopping list
- Drizzle of olive oil when serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a dutch oven, break up beef with a whisk (this is an easier way to break down meat versus using a wooden spoon).
- Let cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain fat off.
- Add garlic and onion. Sweat for a couple of minutes.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sweat for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add herbs and tomato paste and wine. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and water. (This is when I also added in the sundried tomatoes in my variation)
- Simmer on low heat for about 25 minutes. Add cheese.
- Remove bay leaf and serve over cooked pasta. Dust with more cheese, hit with a fine drizzle of olive oil and some more chopped fresh parsley for garnish.