Purple Pickled EggsFrom tucky 4 years ago
- Gallon pickle jar shopping list
- 2 1/2 dozen SMALL eggs shopping list
- 2 cans of beets (doesn't matter if they're sliced, diced, or whole...get the cheapest) shopping list
- 1 onion sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp of peppercorns shopping list
- 1 bell pepper sliced shopping list
- 1 cup of tap water shopping list
- vinegar (enough to fill the remainder of the jar with a couple of inches at the top to spare) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil eggs until they are hard in the center.
- Cool and peel.
- Put in pickle jar.
- Add beets, onion, salt, peppercorns, water, water and vinegar.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 weeks.
- Once a week flip the jar over to keep the ingredients from settling
- You'll know when they are ready when they deep purple and the center in no longer yellow .