Crock Pot Easy Chicken and RiceFrom alaskanmom 7 years ago
- 2 cans small mushrooms shopping list
- 1 Cup celery, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 Cup onion chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp dried dill weed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 can (10-3/4oz) condensed cream of mushroom or chicken soup shopping list
- 3/4 Cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cup instant rice, or 1 box chicken Flavored Rice(Rice a Roni) shopping list
How to make it
- In the crock pot combine mushrooms, celery, onion, dill weed & pepper.
- Place chicken on top.
- In a small bowl, combine soup & broth.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover & cook on low for 5-6 hours, or on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Just before chicken is done, turn crock pot to high, if it isn't already and stir in rice.
- Cover & cook for 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- If you're using the Rice a Roni brand, this will need to be put in 30 minutes before chicken is done. I just pour the rice & seasoning packet right on top of the chicken, stir a little but not much(my family likes to find the rice & not search for it)
- Cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
People Who Like This Dish 33
The Cookalaskanmom Wasilla, AK
The Rating3 people
I used one can of cream of celery soup and two cans of cream of chicken soup in this recipe and it turned out delicious! I will have to try it with Rice a Roni next time. Thanks for sharing!modern_diva in loved it