Pot Roasted Pork Loin & Shredded BBQ PorkFrom windy1950 4 years ago
- 3 to 4 lbs boneless pork loin shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- black pepper, to taste shopping list
- Mrs. Dash seasoning, to taste shopping list
- hot sauce shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 or 4 large onions, rough chopped shopping list
- 2 granny smith apples, cored, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup burgundy shopping list
- cornstarch/cold water shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Salt and pepper the meat on all sides; rub hot sauce on all sides; sprinkle Mrs Dash on all sides. In a deep, 12-inch frypan (chicken fryer), over medium high heat, add olive oil, and sear the meat on all sides.
- 2. Add garlic, onions and apples. Add water about 3" up the sides of the pan; bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low. Do NOT cover.
- 3. Reduce the water to almost nothing, and then add water again and repeat the process. Allow to cook for several hours (3 to 4 hrs) in this manner until meat is tender to the point of falling apart and the onions and apples are almost liquified.
- 4. Remove the meat to a platter, cover loosely with foil, and allow to rest while making the gravy. Scoot the pan off the heat. Add burgundy and return to the burner; bring to a simmer.
- 5. Make a slurry of cornstarch and some cold water and slowly stir into the pan. Allow to come to a simmer again and thicken. Adjust seasonings.
- SUGGESTED SIDES: Vegetable and bread stuffing ~OR~ Emergency Sauerkraut and Loaded Redskin Mashed Potatoes
- ROUND 2 MEAL NOTE - SHREDDED BBQ PORK (for sandwiches): Leave the meat in the pan and then add the Burgundy, but do NOT add the cornstarch. Allow to cook down to almost nothing again. Use a boning knife and meat fork to cut in thick slices (so that the meat shreds are not too long). Add 2 or 3 Tbsps (or to taste) of FRESH GROUND HORSERADISH. Using two dinner forks, shred the meat until there are no clumps left. Add enough BARBECUE SAUCE (Jack Daniels No. 7 or KC Masterpiece Original are my personal faves) to moisten.
- Put large spoonfuls on BUNS. For BBQ Pork Sliders, use DINNER ROLLS split like a bun.
- SUGGESTED SIDES: Serve with deviled eggs and potato salad or cole slaw. The sandwiches are really good with a spoon of coleslaw right on the sandwich.