Loaded Redskin Mashed PotatoesFrom windy1950 7 years ago
- 8 oz bacon, 1/2" dice shopping list
- 6 lbs redskin potatoes, UNpared and quartered shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse grind garlic shopping list
- 1 (12 oz) carton sour cream shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened to room temperature shopping list
- milk or low sodium chicken broth, if needed shopping list
- 3 tbsps chopped chives shopping list
- 2 tsps fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the bacon until well done; set aside to drain on paper toweling.
- Cook potatoes until tender in a large stockpot, with enough water to cover; drain and return to pot.
- Add butter, garlic, sour cream, and cream cheese. Leaving the skins on, coarsely mash with a hand potato masher, adding a little milk or broth if needed..
- Fold in bacon, chives, black pepper.
- Salt, if needed; serve.