Veal Chops with Mustard Sage SauceFrom darbar 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 1-inch-thick veal loin chops shopping list
- dried rubbed sage shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsalted beef broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup half and half shopping list
- fresh sage leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter with oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chops with dried sage and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until brown, about 5 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium and cook to desired doneness, about 1 minute per side for medium-rare. Transfer veal to plate; keep warm.
- Add shallots to same skillet and stir 1 minute. Add broth, 1 tablespoon minced sage and mustard to skillet and boil until very thick, scraping up browned bits, about 4 minutes. Add half and half and boil until liquid thickens to sauce consistency, about 1 minute. Mix in remaining 1 tablespoon minced sage and any juices exuded by veal. Adjust seasoning. Place 1 chop on each plate. Spoon sauce over. Garnish with fresh sage leaves and serve.
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!