Southern Black-Eyed Peas and Rice SaladFrom canned_food_fan 7 years ago
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice shopping list
- 1 can (16 ounces) black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 cup red and/or yellow bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup bottled herb or low-fat Italian vinaigrette salad dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Bring the broth and 1/4 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Stir in the rice and cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and the broth is absorbed. Combine the black-eyed peas, bell pepper, celery and green onions in a large mixing bowl. Add the warm rice and the vinaigrette and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately or cool and serve at room temperature.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 241; Total Fat 7 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 873 mg; Carbohydrate 38 g; Fiber 3g; Protein 8g
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!