Black Eye Pea SaladFrom windy1950 5 years ago
- 1 lb fresh black eye peas ~or~ 2 (16oz) cans black eye peas, drained shopping list
- 1 large red onion, small dice shopping list
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1 large sweet green bell pepper, small dice shopping list
- 10 oz fresh chard, rolled and sliced shopping list
- 1 (8oz) pkg shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- Italian dressing shopping list
How to make it
- If using fresh black eye peas, cook in enough water to cover for about 30 minutes, but only until done (read: Do NOT overcook). Check peas for desired level of doneness... since this is for a salad, my personal preference would be for peas that aren’t mushy. Drain and set aside to cool. If using canned product, just drain the peas and set aside.
- Once you’ve done the prep work with the rest of your veggies, combine all except the dressing.
- Drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the mixture, and toss.
- Chill for a few hours so the flavors can meld.