Ebi Fry With SauceFrom mommylotte 7 years ago
- 12 - 15 prawns shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 3 eggs beaten shopping list
- 2 cups or more of panko ( bread crumbs) shopping list
- cooking oil for frying shopping list
- For the sauce: shopping list
- 1/8 cup mirin ( sweet rice wine) shopping list
- 1/8 cup light soy sauce ( I prefer using kikkoman) shopping list
- 1 Tsp sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the Prawns head.
- Peel the prawn but retain the tail part.
- Make several incisions on the stomach part of the prawn to straighten them.
- Prepare the ingredients each on a bowl. Align them; flour,beaten eggs, and panko respectively for an easier process of cooking.
- Dredge a prawn in flour.
- Dip in beaten eggs.
- And dredge in panko.
- Dip again in beaten eggs and dredge again in panko.
- Deep fry each prawns. You may fry 3 prawns at a time. The frying won`t take long, just until it turns golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- To make the sauce:
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Serve with shredded cabbage. But as for me, I prefer shredded cabbage with tuna and mayonnaise as side dish.