Corn And Potato SoupFrom alliesev 4 years ago
- 20 g butter (1.5 tbsp) shopping list
- 2 onions, sliced shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 3 cups water (750 mL) shopping list
- 2 stock cubes (recipe calls for chicken but I use veggie) shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream (125 mL) shopping list
- 440 g canned creamed corn (15.5 oz) shopping list
- Optional: 2 ears of fresh corn shopping list
- Optional: 1/2 cup grated tasty or cheddar cheese shopping list
- Optional: dried chipotle chili powder, to serve shopping list
- Optional: 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives, to serve shopping list
- Optional: 1 sm sprig fresh rosemary shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a pan, add onion and gently fry until transparent. If you want to fancify the soup up a bit, add the corn from two fresh ears and fry in the butter along with a small sprig of fresh rosemary. Then reserve a few tbsp of this mixture to put on the top of the soup as a garnish when finished.
- Add potatoes, water, and stock cubes and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 min.
- Blend or push through a sieve until desired texture achieved. (May want to keep some of the fresh corn non-blended if you're using it)
- Return to the pan and add cream and corn (I halved the amount of creamed corn the recipe called for because I don't love the taste of it)
- Reheat but do not boil
- Season to taste (I added a bit of salt, pepper, and worchestershire)
- Optional: I stirred in a bit of cheese, added a sprinkle more on top, put on my garnish, and sprinkled the whole thing with a bit of chipotle chili powder. Killer!