Green Eggs and HamFrom hot_it_up 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 medium shallot, minced shopping list
- 1/2cup heavy cream shopping list
- 11/4 cups lightly packed fresh spinach leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- Salt and pepper shopping list
- 6 large yet thin slices of good deli ham shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and heat until it stops foaming. Add the shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 2 1/2 minutes. Add the cream, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Off heat, add the Spinach and stir until just wilted, about 40 seconds. Allow the mixture to cool briefly, pour it into a blender, add the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste, puree (with the lid ajar to vent steam), and set aside.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Fit a slice of ham into each of 6 5-ounce ramekins. Break an egg into each ramekin and spoon about 11/2 tablespoons watercress cream carefully around each egg, leaving the yolks exposed.
- Place the ramekins in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish, place the dish on the oven rack, and pour hot water into the dish until it reaches halfway up the ramekins. Bake until whites are set and yolks are thickened, 13 to 18 minutes (depending on how well done you like your eggs). Remove the ramekins from the water bath, sprinkle eggs and ham with salt and pepper to taste, and serve at once.