Chicken in Creamy Artichoke SauceFrom foodiefreak 7 years ago
- 8-10 chicken thighs, bone-in or boneless shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced or crushed shopping list
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups chopped artichoke hearts shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar or 2 Tablespoons vinegar based BBQ Sauce (ideally some Cooper's Pit BBQ Sauce from Llano TX) shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Salt and pepper then sear chicken thighs over medium high heat in a skillet until browned on both sides.
- Place chicken in baking dish, retaining drippings for sauce.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until they begin to brown.
- Add sour cream, vinegar/BBQ sauce and chicken drippings, stirring until blended.
- Add cheese and stir until combined.
- Lower heat and cover, allowing cheese to melt completely.
- Add artichoke hearts and combine over low heat until sauce is heated throughout.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, until chicken finishes cooking.
- Let stand five minutes before serving.
The Cookfoodiefreak San Antonio, TX
The Rating5 people
Yum! This sounds too good, thanks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
I LOVE the ingredients in this "5"FORK!!!!!
recipe~ Especially using the Pepper-Jack
Cheese~ What a Great Idea!
Thank-you for sharing~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Ya know, I've never eaten artichokes before, but this is really tempting. Thank you for posting this. Btw, are the artichokes canned or fresh?windy1950 in Flint loved it