Onion GravyFrom aussie_meat_pie 5 years ago
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 400 ml chicken or beef stock shopping list
- 100 ml red wine shopping list
- 90g butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plain flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons mustard (I use French) shopping list
- 1 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a heavy pan and cook the onion for 10 minutes until soft, then turn the heat down low, cover the pan and cook until the onions are brown, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a minute and then add the wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Bring the gravy to the boil and simmer for around 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.