Italian Pasta Sauce Super easy Super TastyFrom alykorobova 4 years ago
- 2 lb. hot italian sausage (substitute for sweet if you don't like spicy) shopping list
- 1 large onion (diced) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) shopping list
- 2 packages mushrooms (diced) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dryed oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dryed thyme shopping list
- 1 large (32oz.) can of tomatoes (crushed, whole, diced - either one would work) shopping list
- 1 cup fresh basil OR 1 tablespoon of dryed basil shopping list
- 1 cup Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a big pan saute an onion, garlic and smashed hot italian sausage (taken out of their casings) until cooked.
- Add mushrooms, oregano and thyme and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile put half of the tomatoes from the can in a blender and blend for just a few seconds.
- Add it to the pan. Do the same with the rest of the tomatoes.
- Add fresh herbs.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer.
- Let it simmer for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Mix it with noodles or penne, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy! And don't forget that tomatoes are packed with vitamin C and will help you prevent heart disease and avoid prostate cancer for your hunny!
The Cookalykorobova Chico, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!