black eye pea saladFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 pkg, 1 lb. frozen black eye peas shopping list
- 2 cups water or broth ( chicken or beef ) shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic smashed shopping list
- 1/4 cup Baco's ( soy bacon tasting product ) or to taste shopping list
- OR a real meat bone, bacon or sausage- see recipe below shopping list
- salt, black pepper to taste shopping list
- soy sauce to taste shopping list
- chopped parsley to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place frozen peas in sauce pot with chopped onion, garlic, broth , Baco's and seasonings.
- Bring to boil then cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Remove from heat covered and let beans absorb any excess liquid.
- Note: typically a ham hock, bacon, sausage etc is simmered with the beans to add to the flavor.
- But Baco's are a good substitute too
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Southern Essentials226 members
Salads Galore255 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Stovetop Cooking12 members
Consume Those Beans78 members
Salads Salads And More Salads112 members
Easy And Delicious86 members
Crazy For Salads25 members
Easy But Darn Good80 members
Fabulous Sides25 members