Lemon and Ginger MuffinsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger root shopping list
- 2 lemons well scrubbed and patted dry shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 then grease muffin cups.
- Finely chop the ginger and finely grate lemon peel to make 2 tablespoons.
- In a large bowl beat butter and 1 cup sugar with wooden spoon until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time then add ginger and lemon peel.
- Stir soda into buttermilk then fold flour into ginger mixture 1/3 at a time along with buttermilk.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups then bake 20 minutes.
- While muffins bake mix lemon juice and 2 tablespoons sugar until sugar dissolves.
- When muffins are baked remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan and dip top and bottom in the lemon juice and sugar mixture.