Chocolate BreadFrom gelfling545 3 years ago
- 3 cups white flour (like King Arthur)) shopping list
- 2-3 T cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 3 T sugar shopping list
- 2 envelopes dry yeast shopping list
- 1 C lukewarm water shopping list
- 2 T softened butter shopping list
- 1/2 C chocolate chips shopping list
- a small amount of melted butter to brush loaf shopping list
- (You can add a sprinkle of cinnamon for emphasis) shopping list
How to make it
- oven temp 425
- Mix flour, cocoa, sugar and salt together in bowl of stand mixer.
- In a glass measuring cup, mix yeast with 4 T of the water
- Add to flour mixture, then stir in the remaining water
- Knead at low speed about 1-2 minutes until dough forms.
- Knead in the butter and continue kneading now at medium speed for about 4 minutes.
- Place in warm, oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled (1 hour approx.).
- Punch down and return to mixer or knead by hand briefly to add chocolate bits. Cover mixer bowl with plastic wrap and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Form into 2 round loaves, cover and let rise until doubled 45 to 60 minutes
- Bake on a baking stone or baking sheet covered with parchment for 10 minutes, reduce the temp to 375 and bake another 35-30 minutes
- Remove and brush loaves with melted butter; cool on a rack
- (Kneading times are for mixer, adjust times for hand kneading)