3 Fusion CurryFrom blkjkoknhrt 7 years ago
- ·1 kg thick blade steak, trimmed and cubed 1 ½” shopping list
- ·2 onions cut into ½” dice shopping list
- ·6 cloves garlic, chopped fine shopping list
- ·1 lb asparagus, v\cut into 1 ½” pieces, reserve tips for garnish shopping list
- ·4 tbsp garam masala shopping list
- ·1 lg carrot, grated shopping list
- ·1/3 lb butter shopping list
- ·¼ cup olive oil shopping list
- ·900 ml beef broth shopping list
- ·½ med eggplant, ½ skinned and 1” dice shopping list
- ·salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and butter til butter stops frying.
- Heat to med-high. As it begins to fry, add meat cubes and brown thoroughly on both sides. Salt an pepper to taste.
- Remove and keep warm. Reserve liquid and oil in pan.
- Fry onions until nearly caramelized. Add garlic, then carrots. Cook until carrots brown. Keep stirring.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp spice mix into onion-carrot mix, stir until dry and pasty.
- Begin adding beef broth, keeping at a busy simmer.
- ·Add meat back to pan, sprinkle 1 tbsp spice mix over meat. Keep adding beef broth.
- ·Once all the beef broth is simmering, sprinkle the last tbsp spice mix over and cover.
- Simmer slow for up to 2 hours and at least one hour.
- Stir every ½ hour.
- After 2 hours add eggplant and asparagus stems.
- Cover and simmer til veggies are tender, about ½ hour.
- Garnish with asparagus tips and shrimp, cook uncovered until seafood’s done.
- Serve with Garden Vegetable w/Black Pepper Rice Pilaf.