Honey Date and Pecan TartFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water shopping list
- or use your favorite pie crust shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 2 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon bourbon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- Pinch of baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pitted Medjool dates shopping list
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- For crust
- Using on/off turns, blend flour, butter, and salt in processor until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 3 tablespoons ice water. Blend, using on/off turns, until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 13-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Cut off all but 1/4 inch of overhang, leaving dough sides higher than pan sides. Freeze crust 15 minutes.
- Line crust with foil and dried beans. Bake until sides are set, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake crust until golden, piercing with fork if crust bubbles, about 15 minutes. Cool crust on rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- For filling
- Whisk yolks, 4 tablespoons sugar, honey, bourbon, vanilla, and salt in large bowl until thick. Beat in flour and baking soda, then dates and pecans.
- Whisk egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until stiff but not dry.
- Fold whites into date mixture in 3 additions.
- Spread filling in crust.
- Bake tart until filling is puffed, deep brown, and just set in center, about 40 minutes.
- Cool tart on rack at least 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
- DO AHEAD Tart can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
Sounds wonderful and very good comfort food.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
yummmmm love it peeta!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Good one!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!