Chicken Breasts With Sherry Cream SauceFrom chefmeow 3 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shallots chopped shopping list
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup country ham cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 cup Fontina cheese shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and cook shallots several minutes.
- Add chicken and broth then simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and place in large baking dish reserving stock with shallots.
- In separate pan melt remaining butter and add flour then stir until a paste forms.
- Add reserved chicken stock and shallots then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat then add cream, sherry, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat several minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese melts then serve with rice or pasta.