Baked Whole Wheat Penne With Tomato SauceFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 package whole wheat penne pasta shopping list
- 5 tomatoes grated shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 small white onion chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic sliced shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup black olives shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon mint flakes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 bunch parsley chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups grated cheese shopping list
- 1 cup mushrooms shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil shopping list
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels shopping list
How to make it
- Boil penne.
- In a deep skillet heat olive oil and stir in onions and garlic.
- Cook until onions are soft.
- Add peppers and olives then stir for 3 minutes then add the paste.
- Add mushrooms and stir for 3 minutes then add paste and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in tomatoes, pepper, oregano, mint, cumin, salt, basil and corn.
- Simmer on low until tomatoes are cooked.
- After turning it off add parsley.
- In an oven dish put the penne, tomato sauce and 1/2 cup water.
- Mix well then cover with foil and bake in a preheated 375 oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes put the grated cheese on top and continue baking.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!