Thai Broccoli Salad - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ¼ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter shopping list
- 3 packets Equal or sugar substitute Equivalent shopping list
- 1 ½ Tbs. hot water shopping list
- 1 Tbs. lime juice shopping list
- 1 Tbs. light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. dark sesame oil shopping list
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets shopping list
- ½ chopped red pepper shopping list
- ¼ cup sliced green onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Combine peanut butter, Equal, hot water, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes until well blended; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, red pepper, onion and garlic. Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter mixture.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 144, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 248mg, Carbohydrate: 10g, Protein: 7g.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetables, 2 fat
- NOTE: This is a Diabetic Friendly recipe and great for the Dieter.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating1 people
This is super Ed, I love broccoli and I might even get Tom to eat his broc as well if I do it this way!
High 5 & Thanks again
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
Salads Galore255 members
Thai Food219 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Low Carbs18 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
The Wonderful World Of Peanut Butter56 members
Salads Salads And More Salads112 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Peanut Butter Coconut Lovers13 members
Quick And Easy26 members