Rhubarb And Apple Crumble - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 cups ( ¾ -inch cubes ) peeled and cored granny smith apples shopping list
- 2 ½ cups ( ¾ -inch cubes ) fresh red rhubarb shopping list
- 12 packets Equal or sugar substitute equivalent shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/3 cup water or apple juice shopping list
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. Grated lemon peel ( optional ) shopping list
- ¾ cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked shopping list
- ¼ cup raisins shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped nuts shopping list
- 8 packets Equal or sugar substitute equivalent shopping list
- 2 Tbs. margarine, melted shopping list
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 400 F.
- Combine apples, rhubarb, 12 packets Equal and cornstarch. Place in 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Combine water or apple juice, lemon juice and lemon peel. Pour over fruit mixture. Cover and bake in a preheated oven at 400 F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Combine oats, raisins, nuts, 8 packets Equal, margarine and cinnamon until well blended. Remove cover from fruit mixture. Sprinkle with oats mixture. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until topping is crisp.
- Serve warm with frozen yogurt, if desired.
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 177, Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 45mg, Carbohydrate: 26g, Protein: 3g.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1 ½ fat
- NOTE: This is a Diabetic Friendly recipe, also great for the Dieter.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating2 people
I luv apple crumble theyre delicous thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb122 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Diet Recipes12 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
An Apple A Day30 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
Apples Plain And Simple57 members