Lentil Ditalini And Sausage SoupFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 3 sweet poek sausage links,casings removed,meat crumbled. shopping list
- 6 c chicken broth(I used 3 cups more and some water) shopping list
- 1 c dried lentils,sorted and washed shopping list
- 1/2 c ditalini shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes(with the juice) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the sausage in nonstick skillet over med. heat until it is no longer pink;set aside.
- Pour the chicken broth into soup pot,add the lentils and bring to boil;reduce to simmer and cook 30-35 mins. Do not overcook them or they get mushy. They should still have a bit of a firm core at this point
- Stir in ditalini and 1 tsp salt and continue cooking until the pasta is almost aldente,about 5 mins depending on the brand,stir in the sausage and tomatoes. Cover and simmer soup 10 mins Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The original recipe calls for 6 c broth and 2 c diced tomatoes. I added the additional broth and water and a 28oz can of tomatoes with the juice because the lentils soak it up.