Lemon and White Chocolate Mousse Parfaits with StrawberriesFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 5 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 2/3 cups chilled heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 3.5-ounce bar high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Perugina), finely chopped shopping list
- 5 cups sliced hulled strawberries (about 2 pounds) shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and salt in medium metal bowl to blend. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water. Whisk until mixture is very thick and thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F to 170°F, about 6 minutes. Remove bowl from over water. Cool lemon mousse base to room temperature.
- Combine 1/4 cup cream and white chocolate in another medium metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir constantly until chocolate is soft and almost melted. Remove bowl from over water and stir until white chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool white chocolate mousse base to room temperature.
- Beat remaining 2 2/3 cups cream in large bowl until firm peaks form. Divide whipped cream between both mousse bases, folding in 1 cup at a time (about 3 cups for each).
- Layer scant 1/4 cup lemon mousse in each of 8 parfait glasses or wineglasses; top with 2 tablespoons strawberries. Layer scant 1/4 cup white chocolate mousse over strawberries. Repeat layering 1 more time.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Cover and chill remaining strawberries.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
This must be an heavenly dessert!! 5 forks and thank you for sharinggourmetana in London loved it
Ooooo ana right very heavenly yum yum love it
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
GOOD FOR ANY DAY PEETA!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!