Gouda And Lentil SoupFrom roseheart 4 years ago
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) thinly sliced celery (or baby spinach leaves, if desired) shopping list
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled, diced sweet potato (about 2) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cumin shopping list
- 4 cups (1 L) reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 19 oz (540 ml) can lentils, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) shredded Canadian Gouda, divided shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup (250 ml) grape tomatoes, quartered shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery and saute for 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in sweet potatoes and cumin and saute for 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a blender, in batches, or with an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Return to pot if using blender. Stir in lentils; cook on medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in half of the Gouda (and all of the spinach leaves if you chose not to use celery).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle each serving with remaining Gouda and tomatoes.
- Another tasty option is to prepare a Gouda & Lentil Salad. Combine diced Canadian Gouda, canned lentils, corn, grape tomatoes and green onions. Dress with lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over a bed of mixed greens. Sooo Gouda for you!
The Cookroseheart Oakville, CA
The Rating4 people
Very nice! This site doesn't take AND in a recipe title. So put N instead.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Mmmm...sweet potato and gouda in lentil soup. Sounds different in a yummy kinda way!misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
I made this last night on a cold windy day and what a comfort it was. So good and flavourful.
Thanks..God Blessnanoo in UXBRIDGE loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!