Oatmeal Buttermilk WafflesFrom cherylnail 7 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats shopping list
- 2Tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1./2 cup bacon drippings or melted shortening shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In separate bowl, mix together eggs, and buttermilk with fork.
- Pour over dry ingredients.
- Add bacon drippings and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Por some of the mixture into preheated waffle iron until about 2/3 full
- Bake until golden and crisp about 4 min.
- repeat with remaining batter
- serve immediately
- Good served with maple or fruit syrup