Cubed Steak W Dark Gravy And OnionsFrom bigbamb00 5 years ago
- 2 lb of lean cubed steak. ( seasoned to taste ) shopping list
- 4 tbsp olive oil. shopping list
- 1 large white onion. ( sliced thin ) shopping list
- 1 bell pepper. ( thin strips ) shopping list
- 6 cloves of garlic. ( finely chopped ) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves. shopping list
- 1 can sliced mushrooms. ( drained ) shopping list
- 4 cups of water. shopping list
- 1 tbsp of gravy Master liquid. ( found in the flour aisle at your grocery). shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper. shopping list
- 1 tbsp flour. shopping list
- 2 tbsp white vinegar. shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar. shopping list
- Pinch of red pepper flakes. ( optional ) shopping list
How to make it
- Season cubed steak with a pinch of salt and pepper. Lightly brown both sides in 2 tbsp of olive oil at medium heat for 4 minutes per side. set aside.
- On stovetop - In a large sauce pan (3qt or larger) or dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil at med-low heat and add onion, bell pepper stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, flour and bay leaves. cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly so not to burn the flour.
- Add salt, pepper, mushrooms, red pepper flakes,water and Gravy Master. Stir slowly and bring to a boil.
- Add vinegar and sugar.
- Let boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer and add Cubed Steak. Cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. Remove Bay leaves.
- Serve over seasoned rice or mashed potatoes.
The Cookbigbamb00 Athens, TN
The Rating4 people
This sounds very good...I'm intrigued with the vinegar and sugar in the gravy...thanks for sharing! ^5debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
sounds great, love gravy and you never know actually what to do with cube steaks that's different, this is, thanks for the post
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!