Corned BeefFrom bostynsnonna 6 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Place carrots, celery, seasonings, and water in slow cooker.
- 2. Add beef. Cover with onions.
- 3.Cover Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 5-6 hours. (If your schedule allows, this dish has especially good taste and texture if you begin it on high for 1 hour, and then turn it to low for 5-6 hours, before going on to step 4.)
- 4.Lift corned beef out of cooker and add potatoes, pushing them to bottom of slow cooker. Return beef to cooker.
- 5.Cover. Cook on low 1 hour.
- 6.Lift corned beef out of cooker and add cabbage, pushing the wedges down into the broth. Return beef to cooker.
- 7.Cover. Cook on low 1 more hour.
- 8.Remove corned beef. Cool and slice on the diagonal. Serve surrounded by vegetables.