Mini Sweet Potato KnishesFrom canned_food_fan 4 years ago
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes (yams) in light syrup, drained shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) potatoes, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup matzoh meal* shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil spray shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
How to make it
- Mash sweet potatoes, potatoes and onion together in a medium bowl. Mix in eggs, matzoh meal, margarine, salt and pepper; shape into 30 small balls. Coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. Slightly beat egg yolk with water in a small bowl.
- Arrange balls on baking sheet; brush with egg mixture. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Servings: 15
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 80; Total fat 2.5g; Saturated fat 0.5g; Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 170mg; Total carbohydrate 11g; Fiber 1g; Protein 2g; Vitamin A 45%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 4%DV
- *Daily Value
- *Major supermarkets carry matzoh meal. At times other than Passover, breadcrumbs can be substituted for matzoh.