Leg of Lamb Middle Eastern StyleFrom davik 7 years ago
How to make it
- Rub the lamb down with the garlic, mint, and salt, and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Place the lamb in a baking dish, add the onions, and pour the entire bottle of wine on the lamb.
- Cover and marinate for at least a day, turning several times.
- Preheat an oven to 250 or 275 F, and bake the lamb, covered, till medium rare; an internal temperature of 135 to 145 F depending on how you like it (I typically aim for about 140 F when I'm making it for a crowd).
- Remove the pan and allow to rest before removing the lamb from the pool of marinade and drippings.
- Use the marinade and drippings (as well as the onions and miscellaneous meaty bits) as the liquid when making the couscous.
- Serve the lamb on couscous with a side of labna (labneh, or however it's spelled in your local middle eastern market). If you can't find labna you can make it by tossing plain yogurt in a few layers of cheese cloth and hanging it until it reaches the consistency of cream cheese.