Bobby Flays Corned Beef And CabbageFrom asmith 6 years ago
- Corned Beef: shopping list
- Whole prepared corned beef (about 4 lbs) shopping list
- Bobby Flay spice Rub for Meat **what I substituted for this below** shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
- 1 pound bacon, cut into chunks shopping list
- Dijon mustard shopping list
- whole grain mustard shopping list
- honey shopping list
- Prepared horseradish shopping list
- **meat rub substitution** shopping list
- 3 Tbsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp celery seed shopping list
- ~~ shopping list
- Cabbage: shopping list
- 1 head cooked cabbage * shopping list
- 8 whole shallots shopping list
- canola oil or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- *Before cooking cabbage, prepare a bath of vinegar and water, dissolving a little salt into it, soak cabbage for 10 or 15 mins and drain. This reduces the smell. shopping list
How to make it
- Corned Beef:
- Rub prepared beef with spice rub and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels and reserve for the cabbage.
- Sear the beef in the bacon fat until a crust forms, turn over and continue cooking until golden brown. Remove, let rest and thinly slice.
- Whisk together mustards, honey and horseradish, to taste. (I went kind of heavy on the mustards and honey, then added the horseradish a little at a time until it tasted good to me)
- Serve beef with sauce on side.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place shallots on a sheet pan, toss with a few tablespoons of oil and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven, turn occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized.
- Meanwhile toss cooked cabbage with melted butter.
- Toss shallots and half of reserved bacon with warm cabbage.
- Top with remaning bacon.
The Cookasmith Misery, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!