Coconut Filled CupcakesFrom bigcookiedude 4 years ago
- Cupcake: shopping list
- 1 box classic yellow cake mix (no pudding in mix) shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 C oil shopping list
- 1/3 C water shopping list
- coconut filling: shopping list
- 2 packages (5 oz) FROZEN coconut, divided (1/2 of one pkg to sprinkle on top) shopping list
- 1/4 C sour cream (not reduced fat) shopping list
- 1/4 C granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 C confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon extract shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) container of Cool Whip™ whipped topping shopping list
- 1/2 package frozen coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare coconut mixture by combining 1 1/2 bags frozen coconut and remaining ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Set aside for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare cake according to directions. Using a 1/4 C measuring cup, fill cupcake paper lined pans 3/4 full. Bake according to directions. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- When cupcakes are cool, poke a small hole in top using the end of a wooden spoon. Working at a 45 degree angle, push handle gently around interior of cupcake.
- Carefully pour a teaspoon full of coconut filling mixture into the cupcake. I use the end of a wooden spoon to gently tamp the filling into the cake. Add more filling if necessary to bring filling to top of cupcake.
- Spread (or pipe) Cool Whip over top of cupcakes. Sprinkle with
- remaining coconut.