Pesto-Balsamic Penne PastaFrom gotmusicinme 4 years ago
- •4 cups bowtie, shell or macaroni pasta, cooked shopping list
- •1/2 pound asparagus, diced shopping list
- •2.5 oz container of prepared pesto shopping list
- 3 carrots, diced shopping list
- 1 can drained green beans shopping list
- •5 tomatoes, diced or 1 can stewed Italian tomatoes shopping list
- •1 tbsp chopped fresh basil shopping list
- •2 1/2 Cups of baby spinach leaves shopping list
- •4 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- •3 1/2 TBsp Honey-Dijon mustard shopping list
- •1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- •salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta to your desired softness. I like mine well-cooked and quite soft--18 minutes cook time.
- After it's cooked, drain it and pour the hot pasta into a bowl filled with the spinach leaves and allow the spinach to wilt from the heat of the pasta.
- Then add the can of drained green beans to the bowl and stir.
- Blanch or steam the carrots and asparagus separately in a bit of
- water just until cooked.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus,carrots, pasta and Basil.
- In a small bowl or blender, whisk together the Pesto,Balsamic vinegar,honey-mustard, basil and and salt and pepper.
- Pour this dressing over the pasta, stirring well to coat.
- Chill before serving, if desired.
The Cookgotmusicinme Martinez, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!