Meatball Mac ChiliFrom windy1950 5 years ago
- 4 Tbsps (1/2 stick) butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 2 lbs pre-made HOMEMADE MEATBALLS* shopping list
- 2 16oz cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 16oz dark red kidney or pinto beans shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- ½ tsp black pepper shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- 1 46oz can tomato juice shopping list
- water, as needed shopping list
- 1 cup elbow macaroni shopping list
How to make it
- In an 8-qt stockpot, saute onions and bell pepper until tender, about 5 or 10 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic and cook just until the fragrance starts coming up.
- Immediately add remaining ingredients, except macaroni, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover; simmer for about 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Add macaroni and continue cooking for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is done.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.
- NOTE: *Homemade Meatballs
The Cookwindy1950 Flint, MI
The Rating3 people
This really sounds good.kingofallassholes in Saint Joseph loved it
Chili is one of my FAVORITE foods...I am a spice fanatic. This sounds great with the macaroni and using meatballs instead of just ground beef.
Another 5 forks, Windy!bigcookiedude in Vinton loved it
sounds tasty and easy!! high 5!andiecooks in home loved it