Chinese Almond Cookie LA TimesFrom hopscotch 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 pound lard shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- Blanched whole almonds shopping list
- 1 egg yolk (or double amt.) shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour with soda and baking powder.
- Beat egg and lard together. Add sugars and almond extract.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients until well blended.
- For each cookie, roll 1 tablespoon dough into ball. Place on ungreased baking sheets and press 1 almond in middle of each.
- Brush with beaten egg yolk and bake at 350F 15 to 20 minutes. (C) 1992 The Los Angeles Times
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!